Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin' Developin'
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
Welcome to BGG Bugs.

Rules:

Post one bug per thread. Each new thread will be inserted directly into our bug tracking system, so if you put a new bug in a reply, we may not see it, and if you put more than one bug in one thread, it will make it harder for us to track the bugs.

Post only bugs in this forum. Any other discussions, including requests for new features, general questions on how to use the site, and any other chit-chat go in other forums.

Try not to repeat bugs. Check to see if someone has started a thread on your bug before reporting a new one. If they have, you can reply to that thread indicating that you are also having a problem, but please don't create a new thread.

Don't expect your bug to be fixed. Not all bugs are fixed. It will depend on how many people it affects,how serious the bug is, how easy it is to fix, and what our plans for that part of the site are, among other considerations. If a section of a site is due for a major overhaul, we don't fix minor bugs in the old code. If we reply that a bug will not be fixed, please accept that.

If you are using Norton Internet Security... turn it off and try again before reporting a bug. Norton Internet Security is incompatible with several parts of this site; this will not be fixed.

Include as much detail as you can. Things that help: direct links to your issue, specific test cases that you have verified reproduce the bug, information about the configuration of your computer and browser.

If this works as intended, it will give users a place to see if their bug has been reported, to report new bugs, and to discuss what might be the source of a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Remember, to report a bug, please post it in a new thread in the BGG Bugs forum. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Utah BGGer
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Great Forum idea. I was just thinking late last week that there should be a bugs Forum. I will be submitting one as soon as I can get screenshots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the approved way to log bugs now through this forum or is it through the fogbugz site directly or both or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Either one is fine--there are pluses and minuses for each of them. No need to do both. If you have a bug that you think people will want to discuss, I'd probably use the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's play nice. How about we all try to update the initial post and include the status of our bug report on the title line when it is closed.

initial title
This was my thread title

title after problem resolved
[RESOLVED] This was my thread title

Suggested status text:

[RESOLVED] - Not a problem now for whatever reason.

[FIXED] - Programmers fixed problem - let's give them credit where credit is due. We all sure piss and moan enough about bugs.

[SUGGESTION] - This wasn't really a bug but was requesting a new feature. So an admin should move it to the Suggestion forum. (I know, I know, once in a while you can sneak in a new feeeature by reporting it as a bug. if you get it past programmers!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.