$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Steven Bensdorp
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone,

It has been a while but I'll post the last reports covering this game now. We finished it a few months ago and are at the moment in a new global campaign, 1942 just started. I'm the Allies for the first time and it is very tough. During the first production round I asked if it was necessary to build additional ships for the CW well I found out the hard way.

About the previous game:

1943 Nov/Dec.

Weather 8, Allies win initiative. Canadian forces cut through the Italian peninsula near Florance, the southern forces are now left to defend the boot alone. Any hopes of driving the Allies out have faded. US brings even more reinforces to Italy to secure the Allied advance.

Axis:
Japan does a lot better, Manila and Adelaide are captured in a naval/land. With airstrikes and the sinking of various convoy's the supply is cut making both attacks automatic victories. At this time I expected a big Allied offensive in the Pacific however it has been relatively quite. Therefore new attacks against CW possessions are the only option, keep distracting the Allies forcing naval moves and thereby keep Italy in the fight for a few more months. The problem is a lack of corpses, there are just not enough Japanese to guard everything and also strive for new things.

Germany eager to follow up on the Japanese successes captures Tiflis. SS mountain units plant the flag of the Reich. Baku is very close. Kesselring and the SS armor rail to the M-E near Alexandretta. Those units could have been used for the drive to Baku however the railroad in Syria is more important since it provides 5 oil and 3 resources. A Turkish corps takes a risk and attacks the LRDG and dies while achieving nothing. The V1 is fired at Leningrad however the anti-air decides to shoot down the new weapon, dissapointing however if we keep working on the V2 and V3 then we will succeed. Since those can not be intercepted or shot down . Italy forms a new defensive line in the mountains.

Allies:
Weather 9
Japan sinks a US convoy that tries to pass through and the cost of a damaged sub. The Allies also send a big fleet towards Adelaide, driving away the Japanese fleet. The US also sinks the Juno and 4 convoys while losing a carrier as well.USSR cuts supply to Tiflis, so much for the push against Baku. Italy sinks the Colorado and abort a convoy thereby cutting supply for the Allies. All that while the Allies only damage the Bari.

Axis:
Germany and Japan reposition some units while Italy takes out some other convoys with the remaining fleet.

Allies:
weather 6
The LRDG captures Mosul which is an annoying setback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Japan still capturing cities in Philippines and Australia in 1943!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bensdorp
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, and they will remain on the offensive for the rest of the war, which ended in the summer of 1944 due to our cat who ruined the Europe map beyond repair. We called it an Axis victory, Italy would have fallen any moment and even Germany might have been conquered if things went well for the Allies, however Japan was still in possession of bases like Kwajelein and Rabaul. It was the strongest Japan I've seen in any wif game so far, probably due to the fact that this was such an unusual game. The Allies were so focused on Europe and later Italy and the Middle east that they could never really muster forces for a serious attack against Japan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevenrd wrote:
...due to our cat who ruined the Europe map beyond repair.

Cats and little kids... The bane of the serious war gamer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.