$35.00
Ian Greulich
United States
Hanahan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using the iOS app BG Stats to log games since Thanksgiving 2016. I have been logging games since 2013.

I took some time today to go to my collection, so that I can rate the new games I added to my collection. I discovered that the new games logged don't show up in my collection.

Here is a link to my list of plays. You can see Slaughterville, Mechs vs. Minions, Istanbul, The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire, The Grizzled, and King of New York all in my list of plays.

Here is my collection. None of those games are listed.

If I search for the game on the website, I can find the game with the logged play, so I know the play is getting logged successfully[1]. In addition all the games that were already showing in my collection had their plays increment correctly.

Is there something I can do show ALL of the games I have played in my collection, not just the ones I have interacted with on bgg.com?

Thanks!

[1] Euphoria was not in my collection, until I rated it, and added it to a wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're logging plays of games that you do not own and haven't rated, and they're not in your collection? Once you rate them (or mark them as owned, or wishlist, or want to play, or want in trade, etc.) they should show up in your collection. Just logging a play on its own does not put something into your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Greulich
United States
Hanahan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if you as re the correct person to tell, then, but the FAQ says otherwise.

Emphasis mine:
Quote:

How Do I Add a Game to My Collection?

Go to the game's entry in the database. Expand the "User Information" section, if it isn't already, by clicking the plus sign. Then click "Add a copy to your collection". More options will appear that you can change as needed.
A game will also appear in your collection if you have rated it, commented about it, logged plays of it, or chosen to be notified of new content about it. This gives an easy way to see all the games you care about on one page.
Note that your "Collection" does not necessarily mean games you own in real life. It is a virtual collection of games you are interested in due to owning them, playing them, rating them, commenting on them, wanting to be notified of new content, whatever.
You can add several copies of the same game to your collection, e.g. because you own several copies, or because you have played several different versions and want to rate/comment them individually. If you rate a game multiple times in this way, then only your highest rating for the game is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, then. I tested it twice by logging a play for a random game, and it did not add it to my collection, so if it is supposed to, that is indeed a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

... or a change that went unnoticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or it takes longer to appear in one's collection nowadays instead of immediately appearing? (Lots of things seem to update hours later or a day later on BGG as its architecture grows more complex...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a number of games I have logged play of but are not in my collection. I don't think this has worked in the past couple of years (if ever). If I filter my collection by "Own = No, Played = Yes" then it brings up games I have rated or have marked as "Want to Play" but not all the games I have played but don't own & haven't rated. The unofficial BGG for android app does show these though.

Actually I've just realised this isn't 100% correct - I have one game in my collection (Euronimoes) that I haven't manually added & haven't rated but have logged played of. There are probably 20+ games in this category which aren't in aren't in my collection. I've no idea why this on shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.