Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Aldie wrote:
FYI, I don't think this ever worked correctly.

FWIW it always seemed OK to me in the past (before this recent bug) whenever I looked at it.

Confirmed; I never encountered problems here before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Heh, I love bugs like that "WTF, how did this ever work at all??"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I've been using this widget for many many years and it has always shown my recently played games correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Aldie wrote:
I've been using this widget for many many years and it has always shown my recently played games correctly.

Me too, the only thing it would mix around in no method I can discern is multiple games I have played on one single day.

At least it's working again like before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Same.

Same. I am seeing a lot of longtime users in this thread, that have been using it, and it has been working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Aldie! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
If you only play new games and only repeat them before the next X new games, then it would appear to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
If you only play new games and only repeat them before the next X new games, then it would appear to work.

Really, seriously, for years it was working fine as expected, and not just with new games. I play a lot of games repeatedly, and I often looked at my recently played widget*, I assure you.

*Some might even say obsessively: Improving games' representative images to be straight-on views with no margins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Aldie wrote:

It has always worked correctly for me, until very recently.

The only potential "oddity" was that to fill the quantity, it would apparently randomly choose among games played on the relevant date when a given date would overflow the 10-game limit, as evidenced by refreshing, and getting new games showing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Really, seriously, for years it was working fine as expected, and not just with new games. I play a lot of games repeatedly, and I often looked at my recently played widget*, I assure you.

*Some might even say obsessively: Improving games' representative images to be straight-on views with no margins

Yeah, I love box cover art so I ALWAYS look at my recently played widget after logging new plays. I just get a kick out of looking at the little thumbnails. I also do a lot of repeat, non-new-to-me plays. In the years since I've started using it, it really, honestly, has consistently worked. cool
Well until a few days ago when I saw the new-to-me bug...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Aldie wrote:

FWIW it always seemed OK to me in the past (before this recent bug) whenever I looked at it.
Agreed. It always seemed correct for me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Aldie, not to beat a dead horse, but just wanted to provide proof that the widget is indeed working or was, and seems to be back to normal now.

My first play of the Imperial Assault base game was in December of 2014, since then I have played many other games, new/old to me. We played another game of this Sunday night (15th of it). The log shows the game back as it should be. It is certainly not new to us. The ones behind it were also not new to us but showed up as they should. The Imperial Guard Champion was a first play for us this last play and it is in line before the base game.

The widget indeed was working for many years, and seems to be doing so again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.