Subject: Subscribe Not Working? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I turned on the setting to check the "Subscribe" box for all new posts and replies. Yet looking at the thread after doing that still shows it is not subscribed and I have to click that to change the thread state to subscribed.

Something is not working correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
andrews777 wrote:
I turned on the setting to check the "Subscribe" box for all new posts and replies. Yet looking at the thread after doing that still shows it is not subscribed and I have to click that to change the thread state to subscribed.

Did you click "save" after changing your settings?

Did you select the setting to automatically subscribe to threads you post in, which is a pre-requisite to being notified of new threads and replies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Did you select the setting to automatically subscribe to threads you post in, which is a pre-requisite to being notified of new threads and replies?

The box is checked when I make a post. I should be subscribed with no further action needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
andrews777 wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

The box is checked when I make a post. I should be subscribed with no further action needed.

Your profile settings, if wrongly configured, can make subscriptions not work the way you expect.

Go to your subscriptions, and the preferences section. You will see a page full of radio buttons. At the top right, is "Include in subscriptions" set to yes for replies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nope, think there is a problem with subscriptions,

my subscription notifications keep returning despite being marked as read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
gordonrgw wrote:
nope, think there is a problem with subscriptions,

my subscription notifications keep returning despite being marked as read.

I noticed this also, around the same time as the above post. Marking as read seemed to start working again shortly thereafter, and seems to be working OK for me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:

FWIW, i've been having this problem for 6+ weeks in specific forums, which simply refuse, regardless of forum-level or message-level subscriptions, to notify me. e.g. the Arkham Horror LCG forum has never once notified me of a subscribed post/answer (whether i sub globally to the forum or to individual messages), but the Conan forum notifies me of every post (as i've asked it to), as do most others forums. i reported this, but never got any feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole site is getting wonky again, Should be down by days end probably much sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Your profile settings, if wrongly configured, can make subscriptions not work the way you expect.

Go to your subscriptions, and the preferences section. You will see a page full of radio buttons. At the top right, is "Include in subscriptions" set to yes for replies?

The "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to..." settings are all "Yes" and the "Subscribe to this thread" checkbox is checked when I do a reply/post (such as here). That will not properly make me subscribe to the thread however.

I do see a "Include in subscriptions (defaults)..." area, and that has some things on, but I am not sure how that would negate the impact of having the "Subscribe to this thread" box checked.

I have made a reply or post with that setting checked before pressing Submit and the thread will still have a "Subscribe" option that needs to be clicked to properly subscribe from the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
andrews777 wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

The "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to..." settings are all "Yes" and the "Subscribe to this thread" checkbox is checked when I do a reply/post (such as here). That will not properly make me subscribe to the thread however.

I do see a "Include in subscriptions (defaults)..." area, and that has some things on, but I am not sure how that would negate the impact of having the "Subscribe to this thread" box checked.

Well, if you don't have it set to include replies, then you will be subscribed but nothing will trigger the subscription. But it seems not to be this.

Quote:
I have made a reply or post with that setting checked before pressing Submit and the thread will still have a "Subscribe" option that needs to be clicked to properly subscribe from the thread.

Time to post in bugs, geek-mod an admin, and then wait, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="JasonJ0"Well, if you don't have it set to include replies, then you will be subscribed but nothing will trigger the subscription. But it seems not to be this.

Quote:

Time to post in bugs, geek-mod an admin, and then wait, I guess.[/q]

This failure seems to happen for posts and replies.

This is the right place to post it, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
andrews777 wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Well, if you don't have it set to include replies, then you will be subscribed but nothing will trigger the subscription. But it seems not to be this.

Quote:

Time to post in bugs, geek-mod an admin, and then wait, I guess.

This failure seems to happen for posts and replies.

This is the right place to post it, right?

It is, for some reason when I replied I thought you had posted elsewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to have been fixed now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.