Subject: tigra color picker problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) it takes 10-15 seconds to pop up
2) it always comes up with 'windoze color pallet" and I'm not using windoze
3) the miniscule squares are too small, it takes a lot of effort to get the pointer into one.
4) I cannot repeat the exact color shade easily. I could just click on something, but I want my colors to be consistant not confusing.

Really, we don't need a zillion colors just to create emphasis with colored text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, there's a color picker!

If you want the same colors, just copy the color tags, or even just the color's hex value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Generally depends on your connection. Earlier the site was quite slow probably due to the BIG GG payout.

Yup It's here:

And looks like this:

The windows relates to the palate and it's layout, I don't think it relates to the OS in any way... having never owned a PC in my life (Mac user.. my mother used to do her banking on a Black and White Mac via a dial-up back in the day). You can change the palate using the tab, if you can't like with the Windows reference.

I use the regularly on my phone without issue, I'd have a look at your browser options.

Or use the quick code option...

r{RED}r b
{Blue}b
= RED Blue

Take a note of the code and use that instead.

Example

Code is
[COLOR=#CC3300]Example[/COLOR]
(You get the code via the palate option first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No to all that. In fact, Hell no. I want what its always been -- colored squares that are LARGE ENOUGH to get my pointer into without it being a pain in the ass.

Your image of it is sufficiently large, but it pops-up tiny, about 1.25 x 1.5 inches real size on the screen.

And there is a 10+ second delay before it finishes rendering. The blank pop-appears after a few seconds, but the colors don't appear until a long interval after that. Possibly because my Mac has to process the "wrong" windoze colors in order to display them

It just sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this is the reply you are looking for

I don't think the size of the squares has changed
... I can't think of any reason for the Geek to change this feature
I have a 23 inch monitor and use Chrome as my browser
I can change the size of the squares by changing the zoom setting

being age 69, my default setting is 125 percent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:

And there is a 10+ second delay before it finishes rendering. The blank pop-appears after a few seconds, but the colors don't appear until a long interval after that. Possibly because my Mac has to process the "wrong" windoze colors in order to display them

Also a mac user and have used the site on 4 macs since 2009. Never experienced an issue with the 'windoze colours'. I'd make sure your browser is up-to-date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a default zoom as well with a 17" laptop; but its better to force a minimum font size except when sites use bad coding where the boxes surrounding text don't expand to match the font size.

This "color picker" is NEW. My system is new enough (El Capitan, which sucks for so many other reasons...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm it all sounds a bit odd and frustrating.

The palate system loads instantly for me (I don't have a particularly speedy connection).

Do you find other sites slow to load?
1. Make sure your browser and system are up-to-date
2. Are you running third party add-ons in your browser? (If so try switching these off and see if that makes a difference)
3. I'd consider clearing the cache.
4. I'd try out another browser and see if that solves the problem.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by "This "color picker" is NEW"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All that stuff is OK. Not going to switch browsers. Using Firefox 50.1.0, Mac El Capitan v10.11.6

"I'm not sure quite what you mean by "This "color picker" is NEW"?"

It only started popping up recently. The "normal" thing is that when I hit the "A" color button, I get a pallet with not so many colors, with much larger squares of color, and click on a color. Geek made a change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.