Subject: Even newer GeekMarket bugs thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil Red Head wrote:
In the virtual flea market, I sold some items for two small bags of peanut M&Ms, and another item for a large bag of peanut M&Ms. Peanut M&Ms are not listed in the currency box, so there is an unexpected challenge in logging the sale.

I laughed far harder and longer than I think I should at this post. haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil Red Head wrote:
Peanut M&Ms are not listed in the currency box
Unfortunately BGG only supports plain M&M payments at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hid some items I had for sale, because I had entered them in a trade. They weren't traded, so now I want to list them for sale again. I can't find anywhere to get a list of the marketplace items I have hidden. How do I find them again so I can un-hide them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
TheCat wrote:
I hid some items I had for sale, because I had entered them in a trade. They weren't traded, so now I want to list them for sale again. I can't find anywhere to get a list of the marketplace items I have hidden. How do I find them again so I can un-hide them?

Go to Inventory->Manage, then change the Status header to "Hidden" instead of the default "Active."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
I am having trouble accessing / using the Geekmarket at all since a few days. Nothing loads, it looks like no event occurs or is being handled.

This might have to do with me updating to Firefox 50.0.2 lately. Since then, the main game pages on BGG are behaving sluggy, if at all, too. When I click to edit something in my collection, often only the background changes to grey. Once I click a number of times or wait a couple of seconds, the collection edit window opens. Am I the only one, or have others experienced the same? Does this happen with other browsers, too?

The old pages, which are still being used for "accessories" for example, show no troubles as I outlined above, like the new, redesigned pages, do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Okay, it seems that the problem that I described earlier is because the Geek servers are somehow sluggish in responding. I noticed that when I try to add to or edit something in my collection and it hangs with the grey background, I can make it work this way: I click on the "Feedback" button, and when the feedback form is loaded I close it with the X in top right. The actual subwindow that should get loaded is then visible underneath.

My problems with the Geekmarket have been remedied, too. It seems like the Privacy Badger by the EFF had been blacklisting the Cloudflare servers on the Geekmarket because of Side-wide or even global cookies, which is why I suddenly was unable to navigate the Geekmarket with the menu on the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
So, here's a new bug for me: I can not upload images to my listings in the Geekmarket. Not at all. It does give me a File select button to select a photo, but I seem to lack a button or mechanism so that the photos are actually being uploaded to the servers. Am I the only one with this error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if there was a way to see sales that the other person has not yet left me feedback on. I can see things I haven't left feedback on but there is no concise list of people who need to leave me feedback that I am aware of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
The problem of adding photos to a listing also exists with Safari on the Mac. I opened page in Firefox and it works fine. It would be nice to get this issue sorted, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clicking on "Items for Sale" whether through the Marketplace or a BGG user's Profile page, does not display items for sale. Only a blank list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
monstrooper wrote:
Clicking on "Items for Sale" whether through the Marketplace or a BGG user's Profile page, does not display items for sale. Only a blank list.

Works fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Zombie_Spawn wrote:
The problem of adding photos to a listing also exists with Safari on the Mac. I opened page in Firefox and it works fine.
Doesn't work for me in Firefox. Also, for my personal user gallery, I can only upload single photos, not more than one file per submit. On another system with the same OS and Firefox version, it all seems to work fine: Uploads to the Geekmarket are possible and multiple files can be selected at once for upload in the personal user gallery, too.

I begin to think it is tied to Flash being available or not on a system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
monstrooper wrote:

Works fine for me.

Still coming up "No Items Found" for myself and other BGG users.

I can access my own Inventory, add/delete items or buy an item directly from the Games page, just can't see all the marketplace items that a seller has available.

I'm using Opera as my browser. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
monstrooper wrote:
tool wrote:
monstrooper wrote:

Works fine for me.

Still coming up "No Items Found" for myself and other BGG users.

I can access my own Inventory, add/delete items or buy an item directly from the Games page, just can't see all the marketplace items that a seller has available.

I'm using Opera as my browser. Any suggestions?

Try a different browser to see if it's specific to Opera or you (more likely Opera, but you never know).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem clears up when I use Internet Explorer, so it is indeed Opera (I'll try clearing out my Opera cached files next).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monstrooper wrote:
The problem clears up when I use Internet Explorer, so it is indeed Opera (I'll try clearing out my Opera cached files next).

That's not something you read every day. IE isn't the cause of a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Snoek
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrong placement of html open/close tags
In the HTML source I noticed a wrong placement of html tags.

1. At the top of all pages:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<!-- Metadata -->
Sales Report | GeekMarket
<!-- CSS Files -->
</head>
<html>

should be

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>

2. At the bottom of all pages:

</div>
</body>
</html>
... script tag ...

should be:

</div>
... script tags ...
</body>
</html>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please fix the damn address requirements so that they match the USPS site through paypal. For example.. it seems common place in countries like Poland that you don't need bother a region/province and a city... but the USPS requires this. I am sure there are other countries as well with things like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I enter in the geekmarket but there I cannot use anything. The same as if I try to buy a game from the game geekmarket access. It doesn´t work.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannot access the marketplace to complete my purchase. All I get is an interminable spinning circle telling me it's trying to load, then eventually I get a "Timed Out" notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page formatting doesn't do well fir tablet (ipad) in portrait mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A buyer has placed an order for a game I have on sale. (order #523356) I received neither the usual geekmail nor email to notify me of this order. The buyer has geekmailed me and I notice that there is an order there awaiting confirmation, so fortunately we can now proceed.

Can someone please investigate if there is a glitch in the system? I don't make many sales and it would be tedious to have to check the orders pending page every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.