Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Shilling
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't add images from my IPad onto the item listing I am creating.

I choose the ones I want and they appear as small thumbnails but then when I look at my item listing they are not there.

I see that other people seem to be able to post pictures in their listings so I am wondering what I am doing wrong....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talisman Rulz
msg tools

I cannot add images either. Tried with the latest version of Chrome and Safari on the latest version of OS X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just uploaded an image to a marketplace listing using Chrome on OS X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxx Cho
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the last couple of days, every page in the Geek Market appears blank to me. Only the side bar appears. I've tried opening it on both Safari and Chrome, and both browsers have the same issue. Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin' Developin'
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
Are you using any ad blocker or other sort of content blocker, or blocking javascript?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxx Cho
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

I use the ad-blocker Ghostery on my Safari browser. But the GeekMarket still appears blank even when I pause ad-blocking. JavaScript is enabled.

Also, I don't use any ad blockers in Chrome, and it still appears blank there.

EDIT: Also, I've had Ghostery installed for about over a year, and didn't have this issue until recently.

I'm stumped... thanks for the help!

EDIT2: So I have confirmed that the Geekmarket does work correctly for me on other computers. But both Safari and Chrome refuse to display it correctly on my iMac. I have disabled adblockers and javascript is enabled. (I never had any adblockers or other content blockers on Chrome in the first place). Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arghhh! Once again, I lost an entire long and detailed reply because:

Quote:
Shipping Cost must be a number.

This error should reload the same darn form with my text, instead of just taking me back to the marketplace page and making me start all over again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps not so much a real bug, but definetly something that bugs me.

I have made a few sales (yay!), and at some point I will want to pay my commission. But only PayPal is offered as payment option.

For reasons that are a bit too much to explain fully, PayPal and me are no longer friends. Suffice it to say, their bureaucracy fails to recognise a special situation that accidentally occurred. Due to this, my PayPal account has been blocked by PayPal many years ago. I cannot get it re-opened, nor closed, due to their own circular reasoniing.

But my credit card is still connected to the blocked account. This means I cannot use my credit card for any online payment that is serviced by PayPal. Google Wallet or Amazon Payments are fine, or direct payments. But BGG uses PayPal to handle creditcards....

I think it's pretty bad to have only one payment system, in case the one goed bankrupt, makes chnages to their system, invests in cluster bombs or whatever. You need to be able to drop someone who delivers services. So it''s best to have more then one, I think.

Also I will likely be unable to pay for many years to come, since my beef with PayPal is not going to be resolved any time soon. (It's been dragging on for about 5 years now...)

If anyone has a ready solution, I'd be happy to hear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Dunno if this has been posted, since I'm not going to read six pages of bugs, but I just switched browsers to check something in the GeekMarket and I clicked the GeekMail button to ask a question about it, and it let me (seemingly) send a GeekMail. I happened to check my Outbox and it doesn't show there, so I realized that I wasn't logged in with that browser. So I logged in and sent the message again, and now it shows in my Outbox. So it appears that the system will let you think you are sending a message and won't notify you that you're not actually logged in and nothing will get sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Foster
United States
Gales Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
Are they smart enough to figure it out if you asked for a new card number from your service provider?

Seems like that and a new account/email from paypal and it would be tougher for them to synch it back.

Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfenverdel wrote:
Are they smart enough to figure it out if you asked for a new card number from your service provider?

Seems like that and a new account/email from paypal and it would be tougher for them to synch it back.

Just a thought.

A new credit card number could probably solve not being able to pay at sites that take their CC payments through them, so I'll look into asking my bank for a new number. Did not think of that.

Different email is not an option, I've been using this same email address for 23 years, and have no intention of leaving it behind. But since I also have no intention of ever signing up for a PayPal account again, after their ridiculous unwillingness to solve this, it does not matter :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dok33 wrote:
Perhaps not so much a real bug, but definetly something that bugs me.

I have made a few sales (yay!), and at some point I will want to pay my commission. But only PayPal is offered as payment option.

For reasons that are a bit too much to explain fully, PayPal and me are no longer friends. Suffice it to say, their bureaucracy fails to recognise a special situation that accidentally occurred. Due to this, my PayPal account has been blocked by PayPal many years ago. I cannot get it re-opened, nor closed, due to their own circular reasoniing.

But my credit card is still connected to the blocked account. This means I cannot use my credit card for any online payment that is serviced by PayPal. Google Wallet or Amazon Payments are fine, or direct payments. But BGG uses PayPal to handle creditcards....

I think it's pretty bad to have only one payment system, in case the one goed bankrupt, makes chnages to their system, invests in cluster bombs or whatever. You need to be able to drop someone who delivers services. So it''s best to have more then one, I think.

Also I will likely be unable to pay for many years to come, since my beef with PayPal is not going to be resolved any time soon. (It's been dragging on for about 5 years now...)

If anyone has a ready solution, I'd be happy to hear it.

Can you send an international money order? The BGG snail-mail address is on the Patron page; you'll want to include a note of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sayre
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this. I haven't sold any games since July of last year, yet I just received a geekmail telling me I owe money for commissions. I'm pretty sure I paid all commissions for sales last year (and haven't received any other geekmails regarding commissions since last summer).

What should I do? Please geekmail me.

Thanks in advance for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bonforte

McLean
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I too just received a geekmail telling me I owe money for commissions. I have paid all commissions for sales. I only have 2 unpaid sales - and both were canceled.
Please clear up my account and geekmail me.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Many thanks for the geekmarket. I've just paid my commission using paypal but it doesn't update ..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Jackson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. User error. Self-Resolved.

Apparently the dropdown at the top for 'Boardgame/RPG/Video Game' REALLY matters.

This problem started just today for me; whereas the whole last week the new marketplace has been acting fine.

When I'm viewing the individual game listing from a seller, and then click on that seller's page, it shows 'No Items Found'.

This has happened for about 5-6 different users, different games. I'm in Chrome, ABP turned off for BGG.

What gives? Did I just happen to see a bunch of people removing their listings and the individual listing is just out of sync?

Thanks,
Ash

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is a bug, per se, but I paid my geek market commissions, even for sales that hadn't been paid for by the buyer yet, and then the buyer backed out of the sale (as is too common in the geek market...) but my commission for the non-existant sale is not refunded. Long story short, I have now paid commission on a sale that never happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
RhodesN7 wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug, per se, but I paid my geek market commissions, even for sales that hadn't been paid for by the buyer yet, and then the buyer backed out of the sale (as is too common in the geek market...) but my commission for the non-existant sale is not refunded. Long story short, I have now paid commission on a sale that never happened.
You should now have a negative total on your commission amount in your Detailed commission history, if you have cancelled the sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
This bug persists for months, so I might be reporting it again if I have previously already done so: Using the "Quick Marketplace listing" for geeklist items, the link to the geeklist item has the form
//boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/GEEKLIST_ID/item/ITEM_ID#ITEM_ID
instead of the correct (see the bold text)
//boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/GEEKLIST_ID/item/ITEM_ID#itemITEM_ID

As a result, clicking on the link provided by the "Quick Marketplace listing" does load the right page with the geeklist item in question, but it fails to make the browser scroll to the correct entry, as there is the "item" prefix missing from the anchor link.

If you wanted to increase load times and decrease server load, you could drop the GEEKLIST_ID in that URL, too, then the link will only display that specific geeklist item, instead of all other items on that page, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
While I'm at the topic of bugs with the "Quick Marketplace listing", which might apply to listing new items in the Geekmarket, too:

Could you please let the game's location default to the country that I have chosen in my profile, instead of the United States? And maybe remember which currency I used last, instead of defaulting to US-$, again?

Remembering the last "Payment methods" that I used would be great, too.

It's such a hassle to have to always manually edit these things for every item I'm adding, especially when doing so in bulk. Lots of extra clicks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
While I'm at the topic of bugs with the "Quick Marketplace listing", which might apply to listing new items in the Geekmarket, too:

Could you please let the game's location default to the country that I have chosen in my profile, instead of the United States? And maybe remember which currency I used last, instead of defaulting to US-$, again?

Remembering the last "Payment methods" that I used would be great, too.

It's such a hassle to have to always manually edit these things for every item I'm adding, especially when doing so in bulk. Lots of extra clicks.

My item location is always PORTUGAL by default, so I suppose it is not working for you for some strange reason.
BUT... I wish as well to have CURRENCY, PAYMENT and SHIP TO LOCATION values by default. I hate when developers make users fill the exact same info over and over, hundreds of times. What a waste of one's life time.

ADMINS: please read this and make something about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't checked the whole topic, but am I blind, or do items not have a link to their respective profile on BGG? I hate that I have to manually go to BGG to type in a game that's being sold on the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
rvervuurt wrote:
I haven't checked the whole topic, but am I blind, or do items not have a link to their respective profile on BGG? I hate that I have to manually go to BGG to type in a game that's being sold on the marketplace.

You don't have to do that. Just click on the game's name. That will take you to a Marketplace summary page where you can see all copies for sale, but if you click on the name again you will go to the BGG page for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:

You don't have to do that. Just click on the game's name. That will take you to a Marketplace summary page where you can see all copies for sale, but if you click on the name again you will go to the BGG page for the game.

And they call the new game page bad design...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BnB
United States
Bremen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have apparently canceled a purchase from a buyer. They have paid me, I am sending the game, but I want to make sure that it goes as a completed sale, and that I am able to pay my commission, could you help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.