Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
UKBerty wrote:
Struggling with my first order - #284820

I have no way of contacting the seller. I have tried sending a mail via GeekMarket but I have no reply.

I have tried sending a mail via GeekMarket to myself and that also didn't arrive so I guess this doesn't work (I run my own email servers for a living so I know no mail has been blocked).

How do I get help - I'm sure the seller just thinks I'm ignoring them!

Berty

You could send a GeekMail through regular (non-GeekMarket) BGG. If there's no link on GeekMarket for that (I forget), just look up their username.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
TheCat wrote:
dakarp wrote:
Perhaps you have not included payment instructions in the text box? You have to include payment instructions when you confirm a sale.

There really needs to be an indication that the text box is required. I filled it out about five times and failed to complete the transaction before I figured out what was wrong. Most of the time, I just put a period in the box so the form will be accepted. It really should be optional, but if it isn't, there should be an asterisk or something to indicate that it is mandatory.

There's a red "(Required)" next to the box title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
TheCat wrote:
dakarp wrote:
Perhaps you have not included payment instructions in the text box? You have to include payment instructions when you confirm a sale.

There really needs to be an indication that the text box is required. I filled it out about five times and failed to complete the transaction before I figured out what was wrong. Most of the time, I just put a period in the box so the form will be accepted. It really should be optional, but if it isn't, there should be an asterisk or something to indicate that it is mandatory.

There's a red "(Required)" next to the box title.

That is new. It wasn't there before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Schönbohm
Germany
Bad Nauheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had two orders expire so they were automatically canceled, but the games do not show up in the marketplace again. Is that intentional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Why am I getting charged commission for sales that were "canceled"? How do I reverse that, I shouldn't have to pay if the sale was never completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you even check how the commission total was calculated?
Right now it seems a black box, it says a total but does not explain why it is that value.

Btw, I find it strange there is no admins here commenting on the issues reported lately. It seems we are wasting time reporting stuff here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
helioa wrote:
Right now it seems a black box, it says a total but does not explain why it is that value.

Btw, I find it strange there is no admins here commenting on the issues reported lately. It seems we are wasting time reporting stuff here.

It's just 3% of the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
helioa wrote:

It's just 3% of the price.

You did not understand what I meant.

Imagine this:
You make a payment of the comissions due to that date.
Then months go by.
One day BGG asks you again to pay comissions.
You want to confirm the value asked.
So you have to go look the date you transfered for the last time, and add all the values from that date. This can be quite some work if you sold dozens of games, something that BGG could list for you easily in the comission balance page.

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Why am I getting charged commission for sales that were "canceled"? How do I reverse that, I shouldn't have to pay if the sale was never completed.

This makes me worry that I paid more than I should because I trusted in the total value presented to me by BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a notice that I'm due to pay a commission... but the amount doesn't really seem right. Yet there's nothing to indicate which games they are basing the amount off of. I need to be able to verify that the amount is correct before I pay anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I just got a notice that I'm due to pay a commission... but the amount doesn't really seem right. Yet there's nothing to indicate which games they are basing the amount off of. I need to be able to verify that the amount is correct before I pay anything.

Same here, there is no break down like there used to be so I'm not paying it until I can confirm what I'm paying for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin' Developin'
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
It seems like we need a clearer breakdown of commission amounts. In the mean time, I can assure you that, according to our database queries, we only calculate commission owed on sales that are 'confirmed' and/or 'shipped'. This means that if an item is confirmed, then cancelled for some reason, it will be removed from your calculation of commission owed. If for some reason you pay your commission before a sale is cancelled, the amount for that item will still be removed from the total owed--internally, anyway, you will owe a negative amount.

If you sell an item, then pay commission, then cancel the sale, then never intend to sell anything again, I'm sure we could arrange a refund for the commission overpayment, but otherwise, we'll just apply the overpayment to future commissions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Solnitzky
Germany
Schlüchtern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

this is just not true.

I paid commission for a sale that was cancelled after I paid the outstanding balance. After the cancellation it was NOT refunded.
I recounted all the commissions I had to pay!

regards
Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bouvier
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a 1x1 gif on the, http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/vinhos-the-advertiser..., page that is causing Chrome and Firefox to report a 499 HTTP response code indicating a potential virus. Kaspersky flags it as potential malware in Chrome and Firefox. Can you find and remove that bogus gif file? I would really like to get the Vinhos mini-expansion as well as other items from the geek store, but this issue is blocking me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is a bug or a problem on my end, but I can't get any images uploaded and displayed to items I am selling. Just noticed it today and I haven't had this problem before.

The "Upload" button is greyed out. I click on it and it takes me to a window to browse for images on my computer. I select an image, click "open", and watch the image upload. The display says the upload is complete but no image displays. I've tried uploading to a few different games for sale today and the same thing happens for each.

I'm using the newest version of Mozilla Firefox. No other problems noticed.

Anyone else notice this? Maybe I'm forgetting to do something really simple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jones
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting double images, along with text overlaying other text, and find the new layout confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
honeycomb wrote:
Hi Daniel,

this is just not true.

I paid commission for a sale that was cancelled after I paid the outstanding balance. After the cancellation it was NOT refunded.

regards
Frank

There needs to be an official update made to the commissions system with some sort of itemized list of what we are beeing charged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
honeycomb wrote:
Hi Daniel,

this is just not true.

regards
Frank

There needs to be an official update made to the commissions system with some sort of itemized list of what we are beeing charged.

You're right. I've now made that update.

IF you go to your
Commission history, and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a detailed commission history, that includes all transactions that affect commissions--sales, cancellations, and commission payments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to send someone a payment reminder and it's telling me that there is an error trying to load the template. Has happened multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
senorcoo wrote:
I'm trying to send someone a payment reminder and it's telling me that there is an error trying to load the template. Has happened multiple times.

Hmm... I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you geekmail me and let me know the details of your issue with payment reminders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto von Whackjob
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For cancelled sales, I cannot provide feedback to the buyer. Is this a bug or a fix? Also, can the buyer provide feedback on a cancelled sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Otto von Whackjob wrote:
For cancelled sales, I cannot provide feedback to the buyer. Is this a bug or a fix? Also, can the buyer provide feedback on a cancelled sale?

It has always been the case that feedback can be left only for complete sales. Leaving feedback for cancelled sales would be a change--not sure if it is something we want to pursue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Otto von Whackjob wrote:

If the sale was canceled then why would you need to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L J Kopen
United States
Caledonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm looking at a specific sellers for sale list (maybe a really really long list with many pages) and use the search box on the top, I'm not searching that sellers items... I'm searching game titles in all of BGG. Given the context I would have expected to be searching *just* the list I'm examining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Fluffy James wrote:

Uploading pictures isn't possible any longer.

I just uploaded a picture to a listing with no problem. Are you getting some error message? What browser are you using?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
Fluffy James wrote:

Uploading pictures isn't possible any longer.

I just uploaded a picture to a listing with no problem. Are you getting some error message? What browser are you using?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, here's a quote of mine from page 2 of this thread:

Ryanmobile wrote:
I don't know if this is a bug or a problem on my end, but I can't get any images uploaded and displayed to items I am selling. Just noticed it today and I haven't had this problem before.

The "Upload" button is greyed out. I click on it and it takes me to a window to browse for images on my computer. I select an image, click "open", and watch the image upload. The display says the upload is complete but no image displays. I've tried uploading to a few different games for sale today and the same thing happens for each.

I'm using the newest version of Mozilla Firefox. No other problems noticed.

Anyone else notice this? Maybe I'm forgetting to do something really simple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.